Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation ...

Sometimes the picture comes first and the thought follows. With this one, the quote from Henry David Thoreau had been bouncing in my head for a long time, and I couldn't find an image to express it. Rummaging through my photos, I found this one of a mannequin taken at a roadside antique shop in upstate New York. It seems appropriate to me for some reason. I have come to empathize with this unknown, unnamed, but price tagged mannequin.

“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Digital picture taken August 12, 2006 - Nikon D100

No comments: